Records Management Center is looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented, energetic, and highly organized person to work at our medical record scanning facility. As a Document Scanning Specialist, your main responsibility is to quickly and accurately produce the highest quality product for our scanning clients.
In this role, you will be key part of a dynamic team for Maine’s local leader in electronic document scanning services. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential. You will be working closely within a small, professional team and fully engaged and busy from the first day.
Previous medical documentation and document scanning background is preferred. This is a full-time position with benefits, based out of our office in Bangor, Maine.
In addition to meeting the responsibilities and requirements for this position, we are looking for the right fit for our team. We expect the candidate to enthusiastically exemplify and uphold our Core Values:
- Drive results through extraordinary service
- Exceptional people, no exceptions
- Look forward and plan for success
- Integrated and supportive teams
- Value through innovative and creative solutions
- Embrace safety every day
- Reinvest in our People, our Businesses, and our Community
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Areas of Focus: Medical Document Prep and Naming, Electronic Document Scanning and Quality Control
- Scanning of hard copies of records to images.
- Manual file preparation – removing staples, sorting, preparing hard copies for scanning.
- Responsible for ensuring conversion output quality, page counts, file naming accuracy, and file structure order meets customer requirements
- Uploading completed documents on a variety of media
- Providing superior customer service and troubleshooting customer concerns
- Ability to follow procedures and make suggestions for improvements in processes
- Maintain production rates while producing quality images
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Associates degree or equivalent
- 1-3 Years of medical documentation or document scanning experience preferred
- Experience editing files with Adobe Acrobat X Pro or similar software
- Must be personable, professional, highly organized, have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Average 50-60 WPM keyboard, Average 8,000KPH 10-key
- Proficient with Office 365 including Excel
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows 10
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 lbs from floor level to waist level and carry it a maximum of 10 yards, sometimes up to 10 times per shift.
- Demonstrated organization/time management skills; detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of individuals
- Focus on productivity and success as a team
- Must be able to work a flexible 40-hour week Mon-Fri between 7:00 am-5:00 pm, with occasional extended hours.
The candidate will be required to pass pre-employment skills testing, background investigation, and must sign a confidentiality agreement.
Submit Your Resume!
To submit your resume for this position, please fill out the required information below, attach your resume, and then click Submit!
Please note that this is only the first stage of the application process and is in no way a guarantee of employment.