The Shredding On Site (SOS) Shredding Operations Coordinator will serve as an additional resource to facilitate timely network flow and material pick-up execution by the company’s Mobile Shred Truck fleet. This person will also assist with the timely and safe destruction of customer material in our plant-based shred facility in accordance with NAID guidelines. This individual will maintain frequent contact with company drivers and customers, and therefore must possess a customer service mindset, strong communication skills, solid problem-solving abilities, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. In addition to meeting the responsibilities and requirements for this position, we are looking for the right fit for our team. We expect the candidate to enthusiastically exemplify and uphold our Core Values:
- Drive results through extraordinary service
- Exceptional people, no exceptions
- Look forward and plan for success
- Integrated and supportive teams
- Value through innovative and creative solutions
- Embrace safety every day
- Reinvest in people, the businesses, and community
We Deliver On Our Promises
About Lynch Group:
RMC/SOS is an operating division of the Lynch Group. A family of integrated companies with a focus on logistics, The Lynch Group provides truckload freight hauling, commercial public warehousing, final mile delivery services, household and commercial moving, and secure data management and destruction services. With over 60 years of experience, The Lynch Group has been serving satisfied customers throughout Maine, the United States, and Eastern Canada, with the goal of solving complex logistics challenges to create a safer, more connected world. The Lynch Group proudly operates from its headquarters in Bangor, Maine, and maintains satellite locations in Auburn and Portland, Maine.
- Schedules new deals – works with Scheduler for dates of service and contacts customer for confirmation
- Handles reschedules – works with Scheduler for dates and customer communication
- Verifies all customer information from work orders, i.e. contact person, phone number
- Cleans up Total Recall and work orders – i.e. old notes and verifying correct bins
- Fills in for Scheduler during any absence
- Assists the shred room supervisor with timely and safe destruction consistent with NAID guidelines
- Assists with daily unloading operations
- Assists with assembling and tracking outbound paper bale loads
- Cleans up after daily offloading and shredding activities
- 3-5 Years of Supply Chain or Logistics experience, preferably in a scheduling, planning or operations role
- General understanding of fleet operations; driver scheduling is a plus
- Computer experience is required; spreadsheet programs as well as Fleet Dispatch Software
- Ability to lift at least 75 pounds consistently
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Possess a “safety first” mindset
- Previous forklift experience
- Must possess strong listening, communication and analytical skills
- Must be able to achieve National Association for Information Destruction (NAID) certification (company will sponsor) and complete a Confidentiality Agreement.
Submit Your Resume!
To submit your resume for this position, please fill out the required information below, attach your resume, and then click Submit!
Please note that this is only the first stage of the application process and is in no way a guarantee of employment.